Metus INGEST is used in broadcast studios, mission critical archive operations, control rooms, media monitoring centers and research laboratories and military test sites worldwide. It allows capture without frame loss. Capture and streaming starts instantly, with. No arming period, caching time, no lost or dropped video frames. Metus Ingest is proven to be stable under continuous operation, even in 24/7 environments.
Wide Variety of Inputs & Format Supports
Record any analog composite, component, HDMI and HD-SDI input. Metus INGEST supports capture cards from leading manufacturers including...
- AJA, Blackmagic Design (Decklink Quad, Duo, Studio, Extreme, Intensity Pro, etc.), Viewcast (Osprey 450e, 460e, 260e, 210, etc), Matrox and Deltacast. It also supports a Directshow card or webcam; alternatively users can record and re-stream directly from an IP stream.
- File formats: MPG, M2P, AVI, F4V, MXF, MOV, XDCAM, MP4, MPEG TS, WMV, P2. Video Codecs: Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHD/JFIF, MPEG-2, DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, Uncompressed, H.265/HEVC, H.264/AVC, AVC-Intra, IMX, VC-1. Audio file formats: WAV, M4A. Audio codecs: PCM, AAC, WMA. Streaming formats include: WMV in mms, H.264 or MPEG-2 as TS in RTP, UDP, RTMP
Efficient Use of Resources
Metus INGEST is native 64bit Windows software. Consequently, it’s possible to get the kind of performance out of Metus INGEST that was previously only available from dedicated high end video capture servers.
Metus INGEST can capture up to 6 channels of full HD video or 8 channels of SD MPEG2 or MXF video. With support for GPU hardware acceleration (Intel Quick Sync and Nvidia CUDA), Metus INGEST can capture or stream up to 6 channels of full HD H.264 video.
Not only does Metus INGEST replace a whole rack of VTRs, but it also delivers far greater codec versatility. And its ability to save files direct to network storage and integration with media asset management systems (MAM) offer incredible workflow advantages over tape-based environments.
Metus INGEST is designed to fit in with your workflow.
- Studio Operation
Users can simply make a crash capture and record live camera feeds; it enables technicians to start, pause, stop and split individual channels or all channels at the same time.
- Digitizing and Achiving
Metus Ingest connects to a VTR and supports in & out points to make a batch capture. Users can print back to tape a video file in the same manner.
- Scheduled Recording
Program a schedule, and even control popular video routers (including Harris, Kramer, Blackmagic, Quartz, Jupiter and Snell devices) for NxM operation (N input channels captured or streamed into Y Metus channels)
- Compliance Recording and Monitoring
Capturing live broadcasts from DVB or IP sources. Metus INGEST supports EPG extraction and allows users to create a schedule from that.
Multi-channel recording can create a massive number of files. Keeping in control of the files is one of Metus INGEST’s key strengths. Files can be automatically named according to user-defined naming templates.
Files can be split automatically according to duration or size. Once the local media storage space starts filling up, Metus INGEST can be set up with media management rules to automatically move files to another location, or even delete ageing files. Alternatively, clips can be recorded direct to network storage. If the files are to be imported into a media management system, users can enter metadata during capture and automatically write files to the archive.
System Control and Usability
Metus INGEST is very easy to use. Every control and window required for manual operation is on a single screen.
Particular system configurations can be saved into user profiles and project files. As a result, any user can be trained to operate INGEST as a standalone system in with a minimum of effort.
Metus INGEST can be deployed and managed in complex multi-channel deployments. All actions are logged, and critical operations can be password protected. Metus INGEST Controller software allows remote control and monitoring of all INGEST workstations on a local network. A TCP/IP based API is available for custom application integration.
Advanced Media Handling
Options File processing is a key component of the system. Functions include:
- Rescaling (aspect ratio and resolution change) from input signal/file to output file/stream
- Multi audio capture and streaming from SDI or TS source
- Audio channel remapping
- Closed caption from input to file or stream
- LTC/VITC burn in to file, and detecting timecode breaks
- Logo/text/time overlay to file
- Record to network location with local caching
Metus INGEST is used in broadcast studios, mission critical archive operations, control rooms, media monitoring centers and research laboratories and military test sites worldwide. It delivers:
Metus INGEST delivers maximum quality files, whether you are capturing uncompressed video or web quality H264, by using advanced image pre-filtering algorithms.
Metus INGEST is frame accurate. Files captured or transcoded from the same source always have the same length, down to the last frame.
Metus INGEST allows capture without frame loss. Capture and streaming starts instantly, with. No arming period, caching time, no lost or dropped video frames. If you split a recording, no frames are lost at the split point.
Used with professional-level workstations, Metus Ingest is proven to be stable under continuous operation, even in 24/7 environments.
Supported Capture devices:
- AJA: KONA 3G, KONA LHi, KONA LHe Plus, Corvid, Corvid 3G, Corvid 88
- Blackmagic Design: Decklink Quad, Decklink Duo, Decklink Studio, Decklink HD Extreme 3D, Intensity Pro, Decklink SP, Decklink Extreme, DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G, DeckLink 4K Extreme, DeckLink Studio 4K, DeckLink SDI 4K
- Deltacast: DELTA-sdi and DELTA-hd family of cards.
- Matrox: VS4, MX02, Mojito MAX
- Viewcast: Osprey 210, Osprey 260e, Osprey 440, Osprey 450e, Osprey 460e
- Multi channel, multi source, multi format, multi destination capture, streaming, transcoding in a single application.
- Video, IP and DVB inputs, depending on capture source.
- Webcam and other Directshow based devices
- Audio cards with Windows standard drivers
- IP stream capture
- Mix and match multiple capture cards and devices with the same instance
- LTC Timecode Support from internal or external sound card
- Detects timecode breaks
- Closed captioning support (with AJA and Blackmagic boards)
- Supports video matrix control (Harris, Kramer, Blackmagic, Quartz, Jupiter and Snell routers)
- Supports still and animated logo, text, and time overlay to captured files
- Lossless manual and auto split of files
- Rule based media management - delete or move video files based on user defined rules
- Supports Safe Network Recording (transfers to a network location on the fly/realtime)
- Supports edit while capturing (With Adobe Premiere® and GV Edius)
- Avid Interplay check-in
- Metadata input during capture
- User defineable live action marker buttons to mark points and regions on the capturing files (like Goal, Bomb, etc)
- Customisable front end, with individual preview screens for each encoder
- Each channel can be individually controlled, all channels can also be globally controlled
- IP based multi channel remote control option
- Remote control software - control and monitor all Metus INGEST instances running on a network
- Can be used as file based transcoder, with watch fo
- 4K Support
- Simultaneous multi channel video audio capture from multiple devices (as many as the platform can handle)
- Capture multiple formats simultaneously from same source-multi profile operation
- Capture, stream or simultaneously capture and stream from the same source, at different formats and qualities.
- Multi channel audio capture (SDI embedded or from audio device) to MPEG, MXF, MP4, MOV, AVI files and audio channel remapping support
- Scheduled and manual capture modes
- Supports LTC and VITC burn in to files
- Operations log
- Supports capture of up to 8 SD or 6 HD channels on single platform (please check with us on the hardware requirements and capture format) Win 7 pro 32 and 64bit, Win2008 Server 32 and 64bit support. Supports 64bit natively
- Proven rock solid 7x24 reliability tested at over 500 deployments Capture multiple formats simultaneously from same source-multi profile operation
- Supported wrappers: (MPG, M2P, AVI, F4V, MXF, MOV, MP4, TS, WMV, WAV, M4A, P2, AAF)
- Supported video and audio essences (Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHD/IMX/XDCAM/JFIF, MPEG2, DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, Uncompressed, H.265/HEVC, H.264/AVC, AVC-Intra, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, IMX, VC-1, PCM, AAC, WMA)
- High Definition support is standard, no upgrades needed
- GPU-Powered / Hardware accelerated H.265/H.264 recording on supported platforms – up to 6 HD H.264 capture or streaming on a single platform (please check with us on the hardware requirements)
- IP streaming output: SD and HD H.264 and MPEG-2 streaming at UDP, RTP, RTMP
- VTR control and batch capture modes
- Smart auto naming of files based on user defined criteria
- Print to tape